The encouragement of extra-curricular scientific activities is a tendency that goes back to many decades in many countries all over the world. The benefit from these activities, their decisive, comprehensive and extensive impacts in our societies are positive enough for enhancing international exchanges in diffrent fields.
From this international scientific approach and with the aim of sitting basic foundation for an international gathering. collecting all working organizations in the field of scientific and technological hobbies for the benefit of youth "the International Movement for Leisure Activities in Science and Technology" was established on July. 1987.
In its overall perpectives, the MILSET movement is centred on FOUR ESSENTIAL TOPICS which are the basic requirements for any new organization to join the movement:
- Scientific and technological development
- Scientific culture
- Protection of Environmenet
- Global developement
The main strategic objective
- Promoting principles and ethical norms to guide scientific and technological development;
- Enhancing scientific, technical and human capacities to participate in the emerging knowledge societies;
- Enhancing the linkages between culture and development, through capacity-building and sharing of knowledge;
- Protecting cultural diversity and encouraging pluralism and dialogue between cultures and civilizations;
- Promoting the free flow of ideas and universal access to information;
- Promoting experimentation, innovation and the diffusion and sharing of information and best practices of science as well as policy dialogue in education.